Lakeside Waters | Cayman Islands, Lot 42
Location: Cayman Islands, BOT
Prices From: Plot of land for £45,000
Yield: Please ask agent for more details
- CASH BUYERS/INVESTMENT ONLY
- Plot of land just £45,000
- £15,000 below list price
- Purchase your own slice of island paradise
Bathed in the sparkling waters of the Caribbean Sea lies a unique offshore banking haven that boasts an enviable combination of international glamour and desert island beauty. This ultra-elite island destination has an abundance of white powder beaches and the highest standard of living in the Caribbean.
Governed under British common law and famed for the absence of direct taxation, the Cayman Islands have become one of the richest and most privileged populations in the world.
The Cayman Islands offer a realistic and durable real estate investment strategy with the following attractive attributes:
- No income tax, no inheritance tax, no capital gains tax and no tax on non-residency.
- 5th largest offshore financial centre in the world.
- High net worth employees from financial institutions, including UBS and Merrill Lynch, provide an established and wealthy end user to the housing market.
- No legal restrictions to foreign ownership of property. Title to property is granted and guaranteed by the Cayman Islands Government.
- British Territory with a long-standing stable government that operates under British Common Law.
- Tourism contributes 30-40% of GDP output. The island’s vast unspoiled beaches, world class diving, luxury brands, duty-free shopping and signature golf courses attract 1.8 million visitors each year.
- Strong commitment from the government to promote and stimulate long-term investment in all sectors of the economy.
- Airport expansion programme, which will triple terminal capacity and facilitate new air routes between USA, Canada and Europe.
- Over 55 weekly inbound flights to Grand Cayman including 28 from Miami and direct flights from Heathrow with British Airways and from Toronto with Air Canada.
- The launch of a new weekly flight from Miami direct to Cayman Brac is opening up the sister islands to direct international travel.
- Medical Tourism: Cayman is positioning itself as a front runner in this emerging trend with the development of a new cardiac hospital and specialised healthcare facilities. This will bring a whole new demographic to the island.
- The Cayman Islands are in a great position to leverage the lack of real estate taxes on property owned in the Caymans. With far less fluctuation than a commodity like gold or silver, land can be purchased and held with no holding or carrying costs.
- Cuba: The probability of the United States lifting the embargo on Cuba grows larger every year. Given the age of the Castro brothers and the last of the hardliners, the next President of the United States might find him/herself lifting the trade and travel restrictions on Cuba in the next five years. Once lifted, investment and development in Cuba will explode. As capital begins to flow to this Caribbean country, there will be huge opportunity for the Cayman Islands.